Thursday, 30 April 2020

Yesterday I took part in an online project with Shannon West from the Stampin' Up! home office and Emma Parkin-Wilson our NZ National Manager.

We were asked to gather together:
  • 2 sheets DSP from the same pack
  • 7 sheets of coordinating cardstock (with at least 1 being white or vanilla)
  • A stamp set with greetings
  • Ink pad
  • Punch for greetings
  • Spool of ribbon
  • Adhesive & cutting tools
so I chose
  • Parisian Blossoms Speciality Designer Series Paper, 
  • Pool Party, Petal Pink, Cherry Cobbler & Whisper White cardstock
  • Pool Party, Petal Pink, Cherry Cobbler ink 
  • Tailored Tag Punch
  • Petal Pink Metallic Edge ribbon from the Parisian Suite 

It turns out we were making a One-Sheet Wonder project and here are my  cards.
 




Part of the challenge for us as Demonstrators, was the order that it was presented. We were told to fold six sheets of the cardstock into card bases, then we were told to cut the white into particular sizes and punch out 7 shapes.  

After that we had to stamp sentiments onto the shapes we punched (yes ideally stamping first would give us better results but we needed to get 7 from what we had left).  

We weren't shown what all the cards would look like beforehand which also added to the challenge, as we had to choose from our card bases and sentiments as we went.  Not knowing what was coming next you didn't know if you were choosing things which might go better with another card further on.  But it all added to the fun of it as well.  

In the end I added some embossing to some of my cards as well.  We were told to choose 2 papers from the same pack of Designer Series Paper but it turned out three of my sides were quite similar, two in particular were very close, so it left me with less choices.  Some of them I felt were lacking a little something and I put those aside as I was going and later I decided to emboss them.  

Overall I'm really happy with how these turned out.  Shannon shared with us some others she'd done with other papers.  She'd used the golf paper (Country Club DSP) for one set and they worked really well as masculine cards.  I will be using this template again to make more cards.



 

No comments:

Post a comment